This is the latest of a series of spinning workouts I’ve shared (see the first three: #1, #2, and #3). There are a few slow songs in this one, but for the most part this set is full of happy beats. Would that be a major key, Nate? Never did understand the major/minor key difference. Hopefully my kids will have a better musical education. I spent my entire guitar training when I was in high school talking about God to my teacher (a masters in theology along with music).
1) “Ondiek” by Ayub Ogada (I Dreamed of Africa soundtrack). 4:04. Serene warm-up and stretch.
2) “Let’s Get It Started” by the Black Eyed Peas. 7:33. Running.
Stand in the seat in hand position 2, like hovering but without as much bend in the knee. High cadence, low resistance, like a standing half-sprint.
3) “Nantes” by Beirut. 3:54. Standing climb.
Continue standing and move to hand position 3, start climbing out of the gate. Gradually add resistance and lower cadence.
4) “Transformer” by Gnarls Barkley. 2:18. Sprints.
Sit down in the saddle, release some resistance and pick up the cadence. Begin sprinting at 0:30 in when high-pitched singer begins talking. Slow it down at tempo break at 0:52. Begin sprinting again at 1:20 and continue until song abruptly stops.
5) “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay. 4:01. Spin.
Stay hydrated. Focus on using every part of your legs to propel yourself. Don’t lean on your palms.
6) “We Will Rock You” by Queen. 2:02. Seated climb.
This tempo is slow enough that you can crank up the resistance for some strength training.
7) “Help I’m Alive” by Metric. 4:46. Intervals.
Release resistance and start with jumps (switch every 8 sec). At 1:32, switch to sprint until 2:04, then back to jumps. Back to sprint again at 2:54 until 3:26, then finish with seated climb (add resistance).
8) “Send Me On My Way” by Rusted Root. 4:55. Spin.
A bit of chipper spinning.
9) “Move Your Body” by Eiffel 65. 4:31. Hover.
Increase resistance, hop out of saddle, and feel the burn.
10) “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head” by Kylie Minogue. 3:51. Recover & spin.
Back in the saddle, resistance released and gradually added.
11) “Save Me” by Jem. 3:34. Standing climb.
Hand position 3. Add resistance every 30 sec.
12) “Sorry” by Madonna. 4:42. Spin.
13) “Hello” by Martin Solveig & Dragonette. 4:41. Continue spinning.
14) “Gotta Get Through This” by Daniel Beddingfield. 3:11. Hover.
Get through this song. You’re almost done.
15) “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want” by The Smiths. 1:52. Cool down.
Release resistance and sit up in saddle. Stretch arms while you gradually lower your heart rate.