Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or nutrition expert, so please use your own judgment when making decisions about your health.
At the start of 2013, I shared our plan for rebuilding our daughters’ good gut bacteria after they were put on antibiotics for upper respiratory infections. I had no idea how popular the article would become. If Dr. Google were the way we followed epidemiological trends in this country, I would say for sure that the overuse of antibiotics and their after effects are of primary concern among Googling parents.
If you haven’t read that post yet, I recommend you start there. In that article, I delve into the how and why antibiotics can damage your or your child’s gut and immune system, and I give some simple ideas for repairing it. Today I’m following up that post by focusing on more solutions, i.e. extensive ideas for rebuilding your digestive and immune systems. I’m sharing a list of e-book resources to provide ideas and strategies for detoxing, meals, skincare, natural health, and further rationale for your post-antibiotics healthy diet and lifestyle.
Resources for rebuilding your gut & immune system after antibiotics
Detox: Say Goodbye to Bad Bacteria
- Sugar Detox Challenge by Donielle @ Natural Fertility and Wellness
- Healing Candida with Food by Paula @ Whole Intentions
Meals & Meal Planning
- Fresh: Nourishing Salads for All Seasons by Kimberly @ The Nourishing Gourmet
- Eat This: Meal Salads & Whole Food Dressings by Renee @ FIMBY
- Simple. Healthy. Tasty. by Tammie @ Simple. Healthy. Tasty.
- Affordable Gluten Free Dinners by Kimberlee @ The Peaceful Mom
- Sweet Freedom: Desserts You’ll Love without Wheat, Eggs, Dairy or Refined Sugars
- A Fat-Proof Meal Plan by Terri @ The Laundry Moms
- Homemade Health & Beauty: 21 Simple Do-It-Yourself Recipes for Products You Use Everyday by Sandra @ The Sensible Mom
- Salve Made Simple by Jennifer @ Hybrid Rasta Mama
- Easy Health For Busy Moms by Kelly @ Generation Cedar
- Common Sense Health by Laurie @ Common Sense Homesteading
- A Beginner’s Guide to Assembling a Natural Medicine Cabinet by Marci @ Thankful Homemaker
- Herbal Adventures: A Pocket Guide of Seasonal Natural Remedies by Michele @ Frugal Granola
- Mother’s Little Herbal Helper and Home Remedies by Natalie @ The Family Herbalist($12
- Herbal Remedies for Children During the Cold and Flu Season by Rosalee @ Herbal Remedies Advice