On the Range
April 23 - 29, 2013
|"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2013."|
- Has been spent with the front door open. As a way of explaining my absence--apart from celebrating the queen's fifth birthday and the visit of a much-missed mother--note exhibit A below:
- All of my library holds arrived in the same week (does this happen to you?), so I now have in my possession a stack of books that make me out to be more intelligent than deserved. They are:
- A Victorian rebel: the life of William Morris by...somebody I can't remember
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
- Lean In: women, work, and the will to lead (the sound recording) by Sheryl Sandburg
- The Sound and the Fury & As I lay Dying by William Faulkner
- Persuasion (annotated version) by Jane Austen (and the annotator, name I can't recall)
- Mom and I watched a few episodes of "Bored to Death" the past few nights, and I chuckled a lot out loud, which is my only requirement of 30-minute programming. I recommend it if you can find it at your library.
I'm going now to catch up on the blogs, since all I could manage in the past week is Elle's hilarious portrayal of the horseshittery (her word, stolen by yours truly) of fellow parents. Her mordant humor slays me. Also, I wish I could say I've been cooking, but apart from cranking out Dutch babies by the armful, I've been on a heat-and-serve kick. Must be all that spring fever.
What have y'all been up to while I've been gone? Do tell of your doings, lovelies.