|"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."|
On the Range
April 2 - 8, 2013
- Charlie had one of her first "Charlieisms" recently when we were standing outside Vivi's school. A few of the kids had been playing a game in which they pretended to be afraid of the cracks on the wall and sidewalk. Charlie didn't really understand the game and was understandably shaken, so I explained that sometimes cracks happen, and we don't need to worry about it. About 15 minutes later, Charlie ran up and a friend said "How are you, Charlie?," to which she replied "Sometimes we do crack!" We all had a good belly-laugh over that one. Good thing my friends know me well enough.
- As I mentioned on Facebook earlier this week, Vivi is still occasionally having Vivisms, like the other day when she pointed at some scratches and said "I have three boobies, Mommy!"
- Charlie swam without me in the pool this week! Her teacher says she's definitely ready to move up a level, but he's not sure they allow kids as young as her in that class. Go girl!
- We are trying some of the ideas in French Kids Eat Everything, and so far it's a great experiment! More soon.
- I am beginning to plan out our summer, and it's fun to think about all the adventures we'll have. I never realized that summers while staying home with my kids were going to be almost as good as the ones I had as a child. It's been unexpectedly great!