The rule of three strikes again, this time with mason jars making it into the forefront of my psyche. I noticed our hydrangea bush was getting a little out of control, so I did some pruning and made floral arrangements in my favorite multi-useful vases, mason jars. If you've ever been to my house, you know of my attachment to them because we keep mason jars as drinking glasses. Then I went to a farmer's market and picked up homemade jam in, what else, a mason jar. Finally, I read a few blog posts and found more interesting mason jar discussions. Here are my favorites:
- The Single Nester's instructions on how to dye your jars blue (via CentsationalGirl). Genius!
- Ethel's Gloves' ode to mason jars
- Chiot's Run's post about freezing food in glass jars; a very helpful tip given our switch to glass from BPA plastic, and now that we have a big freezer in the basement
- Hounds in the Kitchen's ideas about making your own jam (via Attainable Sustainable)
- When pondering the question "how do I make food in jars?," look no further than the trusty Internet (aka a website aptly named "food in jars")
What are your favorite uses for mason jars? Anyone tried making your own food?